RE: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:57:43 -0500

On December 8, 2005 12:19 AM Tim Daly (root) wrote:

> > you went from about 1,300 individual spad files into about
> > 350 pamphlet files.
>
> this is the original axiom design. i didn't change it.

??? I don't understand.

Original axiom did not use pamphlet files.

Original axiom had only the 1,300 spad files.

Original axiom as well as the current version of axiom
refers to these spad files individually as in when you
issue the command:

(1) -> )show Integer
 Integer  is a domain constructor
 Abbreviation for Integer is INT
 This constructor is exposed in this frame.
 Issue )edit c:/Program Files/axiom/mnt/windows/../../src/algebra/INT.spad
 to see algebra source code for INT

But there is no longer any such file 'INT.spad' because someone
(you I thought?) decided to group the 'INT.spad' file along with
NNI.spad, PI.spad and ROMAN.spad as chunks in the pamphlet file
'integer.spad.pamphlet'

Because of this new grouping it is sometimes hard to find the
code for a particular domain, that is which pamphlet file now
contains that code. This is Issue Tracker #144 "Domain abbreviation
is no longer associated with filename" originally reported by
William Sit. He wrote: "The NAG version is correct, so something
in the OpenSource version is responsible for the change."