[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom uses unmodified GCL on Debian?

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom uses unmodified GCL on Debian?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:04:41 -0500

> > well, the build is proceeding and appears to be progressing
> > ok. of course i have no idea WHY it works since there are no
> > comments in the patch file. i'll test the graphics and hyperdoc
> > in the morning.
>
> Great. It would be nice if Camm had the time to write explicit
> documentation for the patch, but I am quite sure that I can
> pull his comments from the axiom-devel email list over the last
> two years or so that (more or less) fully describe the approach
> he is using. Would you like me to send you what I find?

well the AXIOMsys build works perfectly but the axiom command
fails because sman (and therefore clef, hyperdoc, and graphics)
won't start. i'll debug that problem but it is almost certainly
related to the socket code we add to gcl.

also, how do we handle the fact that users can build gcl using the
-ansi switch. that means that their local copy of gcl cannot be used
by axiom (yet).