[Axiom-developer] [Fraction] information hiding

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [Fraction] information hiding
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:24:10 -0600

Changes http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/Fraction/diff
--
Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> Fraction should completely do without Rep ...

I think your conclusion is right. I worry that there may be
numerous places in the Axiom library where this type of violation
of the "object-oriented" paradigm occurs, for example we discussed
recently similar problems in the OutputForm domain. I think we
need to first document these cases - as you have done here and
in the actual source distribution pamphlet files - and then
correct these problems.
--
forwarded from http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/address@hidden