Re: [Axiom-developer] JET source code up in the Axiom portal

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] JET source code up in the Axiom portal
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:15:14 -0800 (PST)

--- Martin Rubey <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is truly great! As far as I know JET was continued in
> MuPAD, so this is not a dead end!

Right - Mupad developments are apparently quite advanced from this
work, so if we proceed to develop this further Mupad's implementation
and research are logical starting points for information.

My current thought on this is that, since we can't incorporate the JET
documentation as such, the thing to do is begin a general survey of
both JET related work and packages with similar abilities and try to
write up and create a "best of breed", using the JET code for a big
head start.  That's of course the hard way, which I've noticed is
usually also the best way as a first approximation :-/.

Cheers,
CY