[Axiom-developer] AldorForAxiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] AldorForAxiom
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:30:38 +0100

Hello,

I work with axiom--main--1--patch-46 and recently compiled it on my debian sarge machine. Worked fine, except that there must have been a LaTeX error in the compilation of endpaper.pamphlet.

Anyway, on http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AldorForAxiom I read that Peter Broadbery's patch has been included from patch-44 on. So I expect aldor to work. Well, it does. I can compile the file fact.as given on the above website, but when I type

(1) -> fact 4

I get the message

   >> System error:
Cannot open the file /home/hemmecke/OTHER/Axiom/axiom--main--1/mnt/linux/aldor/lib/runtime.o.

There is no library runtime.o that I could find. (I even wonder why it should be .o and not .lsp.) My Axiom compilation did also not create the directory
/home/hemmecke/OTHER/Axiom/axiom--main--1/mnt/linux/aldor
Anyway, even if I "ln -s" my Aldor compiler directory there, I still don't have runtime.o.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ralf