Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: GNU Arch - was patches

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: GNU Arch - was patches
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:38:27 +0200

Hello,

2006/3/30, Antoine Hersen <address@hidden>:
> What about SVK(  http://svk.elixus.org/ ), it seem to be based on
> Subversion plus distributed a la Arch
> It is based on PERL a more reasonable dependency that Haskell.

I am on SVK's mailing list for several months now. SVK is interesting
but seems a bit unstable (judging from bug report on the list). I have
never used it thought (because it failed to compile on my Debian
system, probably due to a Debian peculiarity).

It appears that we have about 10 Axiom developers, with 10 different
SCM (Bill: Darcs; Tim: Arch, CVS; Gabriel: SVN; me: patch, Arch (never
again, Mercurial/SVN/SVK under study), Antoine: SVK; Ralf: Arch; Mike:
CVS?, ...).

That's why I suggest :
 - stop discussing tool issues and focus on real *Axiom* code;

 - use the plain old patch (that any SCM of your choice can generate)
submitted to this mailing list and to Tim for peer review and possible
integration ;

 - use the CVS trees (sourceforge, savannah) as reference.

Those who feed the most patches and code will impose their tools on
the others (and Tim have last word as our benevolent dictator).

Well, I might have fed yet another troll. :-)

Best wishes,
d.