Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom silver branch
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:05:53 +0200

In the SourceForge Axiom CVS archive I have set the binary mode
for all the *.tgz files in the zips directory using the command:

cvs admin -kb

as described here:

http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Programming/change_management/unix_cvs/PRO
GRAMMING_Working_with_Binary_Files.shtml

Hmm, I guess, if the binary flag for the file in CVS was not put there BEFORE the file is first checked into CVS then a later change will not help. I have not tested that, but I think that the file is already corrupted.

Why cannot we simply use the current patch-47 (plus Tim's changes) and generate the SVN stuff from that?

I think it would even be reasonable to release patch-48 and then start with these sources the SVN archive. Then we can forget about all the trouble with CVS and binaries.

Does someone need the history that is in the CVS currently? Aren't we satisfied with the history of axiom--main--1--patch-47?

Ralf