[Axiom-developer] darcsweb source code repository browser (was: victory!

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] darcsweb source code repository browser (was: victory!)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:15:59 -0400

Simon,

On Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:42 PM you wrote:
> Bill Page:
> > How can you tell which are duplicates?
> >
> You'll see them in darcsweb once it's working, or just in
> darcs changes
> - they have the same title and (which I think is the
> clincher) the same timestamp, I think.
>
> > still am not able to fully use 'darcsweb'. I have darcsweb-0.15
> > running under python2.4.2 with darcs 1.0.5 installed here
> I'm using the latest darcsweb pulled from
> http://users.auriga.wearlab.de/~alb/repos/darcsweb
> - not sure what version that is - and python 2.4.2.

Ok, I added an explicit path to darcs:

-        #darcspath = "/home/me/bin/"
+       darcspath = "/usr/local/bin/"

and provided a cache

-        #cachedir = '/tmp/darcsweb-cache'
+       cachedir = '/tmp'

and now darcsweb works on MathAction:

http://page.axiom-developer.org/darcsweb.cgi

I think this is a really cool way to browse the souce code!
It's a bit slow with a big repository like axiom--main--1
but the annotations and shading are very nice. E.g.

http://page.axiom-developer.org/darcsweb.cgi?r=axiom--main--1;a=annotate
_shade;f=/Makefile

and the searching is quite impressive, e.g.

http://page.axiom-developer.org/darcsweb.cgi?r=axiom--main--1&a=search&s
=clifford

Regards,
Bill Page