RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom trunk failure

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom trunk failure
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:44:21 -0400

Greg,

On Thursday, May 04, 2006 2:51 PM you wrote:

> Humm it seems to me that all the axiom-developer's mailing
> list archives are in your mind  :-)>

:)

You also can download the axiom-developer email archives here:

ftp://lists.gnu.org/axiom-developer

;) and of course anyone can search them online at:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer

The point is, I guess it is easy for most of us to somehow
find the time to be verbose by email but we do not find the
time to write pamphlet file documentation or even to update
wiki web pages.  As a result these archives represent quite
a lot of, admittedly rather "low density", but very important
information about Axiom.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good package to archive, index
and search these email files off-line (on a desktop or maybe on
the axiom-developer.org server) then I would be very interested.
Securing these files might become important for the long term
future of Axiom if we do not find the time or a better way to
distill the really useful information from the archive into
a more accessible form or if for some reason the online email
archive becomes inaccessible.