[Axiom-developer] Re: Explanation of the branches

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Explanation of the branches
Date: 05 May 2006 13:02:44 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| Dear Gaby,
| Thank you for all your work on the silver branch
| But in order not to lose track of all the possible branches that might
| be created in the SVN repository, do you think, it would be a good
| idea to list them together here
| For each branch I would like to see a short explanation of why this
| branch exists and who actually maintains it.
| Maybe that could also be done with tools at sourceforge, but I am not
| yet overly familiar with that. Maybe you suggest something better.
| Maybe
| -- How can I submit a patch?
| should be adapted, become a separate page, and should be linked to
| from FAQ and AxiomSilverBranch.

All you suggestions make good sense; I'll try to update the wiki page
today about the branches.  Currently there is only two: one named
"daly" (Tim what is the purpose of that branch?), and
"build-improvements" (for my work on using Autoconf -- not functional

You're right that "How can I submit a patch" should be a separate
page.  I have had not a great success with the current wiki

-- Gaby