Re: [Axiom-developer] Advi

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Advi
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:11:04 +0200

Le mercredi 21 juin 2006 à 21:12 -0700, Richard Harke a écrit :
> I pulled the CVS version of Axiom. The README file in the top
> directory mentions Active DVI as a tool for reading dvi's but I didn't
> find anywhere, let alone in zips as stated. I did find the script showdvi
> which is just a front end to xdvi. But i find xdvi reaaly awful for more
> than a quick review of a file. (The magnifier seems to be the one really
> good feature, if you need to check out details of the fonts.)
> I found advi at INRIA and downloaded the package. No prepackaged
> version for Ubuntu.

It's packaged. See:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=advi&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

So you need to activate universe and multiverse in
your /etc/apt/sources.list. Attached is a sources.list sample for
Dapper. Do not forget to "sudo apt-get update" after changing this file.

To find a package which contain dvi in its name you can do (man
apt-cache):

apt-cache -n search dvi

Cheers,

Greg