Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants

From: Christian Aistleitner
Subject: Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:53:40 +0200

But perhaps "has" is not so weak. What other applications of
reflection are there other then conditional ones?

I do not know if you'd consider that to be reflection or not...
I'd need a generator for all the fields of a domain.
I'd need a way to determine the type of a field.
I'd need a way to generate all Domains (or functions mapping to domains) in the top-level scope.
I'd need a way instanciate a Domain completely at runtime.

Basically, just take a look at Java's reflection framework

Kind regards,