RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:30:28 -0400

Bob,

On Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:28 PM you asked:

> Bill Page wrote:
> > The reason this is being rejected is also do to another
> > anti-spam change to the Axiom Wiki system. ...
> > This is all based on simple regular expression pattern
> > matching. Nothing fancy.
>
> Do you mean the banned_links stuff?  That shouldn't care
> whether you use
>
> I think it just applies the regex to the incoming text before
> it gets handed to structured text.

Yes, that is right. I just got mad one night about the number
of link spam comments that Axiom Wiki was collecting and I
decided I didn't want to keep adding more and more patterns
after the fact, so I entered a banned_links pattern of

  ?:\shref\s*=\s*['"]?http://

This has the effect of killing any comment or edit that
contains something that looks like an HTML link

   ... href="http:// ...

but the StructuredText links still get through.

Maybe it is a bit harsh but I think there is no particularly
good reason to support HTML coding (at least for links) in
StructuredText/Pamphlet page types. What do you think?