[Axiom-developer] Re: Be Bold

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Be Bold
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 16:18:01 +0200

On 08/02/2006 12:43 PM, Page, Bill wrote:
Ralf,
I have made some of the improvements in 'backlinks' that
you suggested below.

Thank you Bill.

On Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:00 AM you wrote:
Writing "additional parent" would be more obvious to me.

Now the text field is 'Add new parent' and the button is
'Add/remove parents'. Is that better?

Yes, but where is the "Browse" botton? Otherwise I must figure out the names through a second window that contains "SiteMap". Cannot I have "SiteMap" in a frame on the right hand side of a backlinks page? Then I could use cut&paste to add a parent.

One remark still. You wrote

Add new parent: ______ [Add/remove parents]

That is confusing. And in the text below you still refer to the "Reparent" button. Just remove the first "Add new parent".

Why cannot I add more children? Why not having something like
Children of this page, i.e this pages has the following subtopics:

1. Habl
2. Oof
3. Bar
Add new child: ________ [Browse Index]

Children are defined as the inverse of the Parent relation.
Each page has an (internal) list of it's parents and children
(subtopics) are added only implicitly. Adding new children
to a page could be done but it would involve some new Python
coding.

OK, would be a "nice to have" feature, but don't invest time on it now.

But why would I like to order the subtopics? I cannot map that to the "lattice" notion.

Ralf