[Axiom-developer] download SAGE

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] download SAGE
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 00:34:01 -0400

I just saw your request at the bottom of your homepage
for people to send you a note about downloading SAGE.

I've downloaded it twice so far. I was part of the team
that built the DVDs for the ISSAC 2006 conference proceedings
and I included a copy of SAGE on them.

I've also downloaded it today to look at the issue of
adding Axiom to your list of available system.

I'd suggest you take a look at the Doyen project, outlined here:

   http://daly.axiom-developer.org/doyen
   http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/Doyen
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/doyencd

The basic idea is that technical papers are written in a literate
style that includes both latex and source code (using noweb, a
derivative of Knuth's Web idea).

Doyen will integrate a browser, a wiki, and several CA systems.
We're investigating the ability to drag-and-drop a literate
research paper onto the browser, have it automatically unpacked,
compiled, added to the system along with its documentation.
We hope to demonstrate this ability at the next ISSAC conference.

It might be interesting to put the SAGE technology behind the
browser and have Axiom as one of the back-end components.

Tim Daly
Axiom Lead Developer