RE: [Axiom-developer] Do we need to install spad files?

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Do we need to install spad files?
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:37:12 -0400

On Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:22 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> What exactly do you mean by that?
>
> On 08/08/2006 10:06 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > The current build machinery installs spad files generated
> > from pamphlet files.  Do we need that?

I presume that Gaby is talking about the spad source files
contained in

   mnt/linux/src/algebra

These files are created by notangle of the root <<*>> from
all of the *.spad.pamphlet files.

Yes, in principle these files are needed. They are the "source"
files referred to by the ')sh' command and in hyperdoc. But
there is currently a problem with accessing these files and
also a conceptual problem of how to handle the editing of
these files since for that purpose they have been replaced
by .pamphlet files.

See:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/144

and

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/116

I may have to take back what I said ealier about noweb not
being a required part of the run-time environment if we decide
that we want to maintain this "edit source" feature.