[Axiom-developer] Re: Revision history

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Revision history
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:04:37 +0200

As Bill, I think hard-coded modification date is preferable, as it
allows minor modification (e.g. fixing typo). Of course, it depends on
the semantics you espect on the date.

I also vote for hardcoded version or date information in a file. If you take the modification time of the file, it might be a bit confusing if an identical file appears in another branch of Axiom. Those two files will probably have different times and all you see in the .dvi is that they seem to be different.

William Sit <address@hidden> writes:

Come to think of it, each pamphlet file should include a revision
history, with dates, much like code. So we should have latex macros
\creationdate, \revisiondates, and \filedate (which may be included in
\revisiondates).

Doesn't that revision history belong to the changesets of the Source
Code Management system, whichever it is?

I am also wondering why we would use some SCM and then hardcode \creationdate, etc. You can use, for example, "svn log FILENAME" and get all the wonderful history.

Ralf