[Axiom-developer] RE: axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:13:01 -0400

Ralf,

On August 17, 2006 4:12 PM you wrote:

> ZSync
>
> > there is no reason why one of us couldn't do it right
> > away. Once you get used to the tool (and it's limitations)
> > it doesn't seem to take long: 5 - 10 minutes.
>
> I have seen that you could even roll back changes if I make
> some stupid mistake, right?

Ummm, well... usually. Zope does have a general "history"
mechanism and you can usually 'undo' changes or at least
copy old versions of objects (pages) forward. But for reasons
I do not understand, replacing a copy of an object on a web
site with a newer one from another web site does not copy the
objects history :( and further it seems as if the history of
the object to which we are copying also appears to be lost.
<scary> This needs more testing but I think I would call this
a bug in Zsyncer.

A related problem is that the creation date of the copied object
gets updated. This is apparently a "known problem". But it seems
that no one is particularly active about maintaining Zsyncer.

So when using Zsyncer caution is appropriate. :)