Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: 22 Aug 2006 16:20:22 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> >> [...]  in that chunk, then that corresponds to \atthistype. (And, yes
> >> Martin,
> >> that can be replaced on the fly by the appropriate \adtype{DomainName},
> > GREAT! could you send me an appropriate patch, please. Then I can document
> > my
> > guessing package with ALLPROSE.
>
> >> but that is only half of the story.)
>
> > Why?
>
> That is the reason why it is completely unnecessary to replace \adthistype by
> \adtype{DomainName}. If you look at the generated .as.nw.tex file, you see
> that
> after \begin{+++} there suddenly appears an \addefinetype{DomainName} that you
> have never typed yourself. This command defines \adthistype. So you should be
> already happy.

No, I'm not. I need this in the generated .spad (or .as) file, i.e., here

+++   \begin{addescription}{Generates all isomorphism types.}
+++   \end{addescription}
+++   \begin{ToDo}
+++     \begin{rhx} 14-Aug-2006:
+++       It is not yet clear what the type of this function/constant
+++       should be.
+++ %
+++       In general, isomorphism types are equivalence classes of
+++       structures. It could be reasonable to say that \adthisname{}
+++       returns (unique) representatives of these classes. (The
+++       \emph{unique} is probably a though thing, since we might have no
+++       order on the input set or on $L$ in general.
+++     \end{rhx}
+++   \end{ToDo}
--#line 384 "species.as.nw"
isomorphismTypes: Set L -> Generator %;

> I don't know your scenario. First of all, would it be an option for you to
> translate your code into Aldor and use libaxiom.

No. Currently not. (No time and Aldor being non-free)

> Otherwise, could you exactly specify what you want?

I'd like to have ALLPROSE instead of \adthisname{} write
\spadfun{isomorphismTypes}. And, if possible

> > ... change the regexp in a way that instead looking for a semicolon, it
> > just goes on until it finds a newline without a preceding underscore.
>
> I don't want a such a thing, I want a semicolon. ;-)

I know, Ralf. Me too. And I'd like to have at least a promise from Stephen Watt
and Algebra.as and SumIt.as

Martin