Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: 22 Aug 2006 18:16:31 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> > No, I'm not. I need this in the generated .spad (or .as) file, i.e., here
> > +++   \begin{addescription}{Generates all isomorphism types.}
> > +++   \end{addescription}
> > +++   \begin{ToDo}
> > +++     \begin{rhx} 14-Aug-2006:
> > +++       It is not yet clear what the type of this function/constant
> > +++       should be.
> > +++ %
> > +++       In general, isomorphism types are equivalence classes of
> > +++       structures. It could be reasonable to say that \adthisname{}
> > +++       returns (unique) representatives of these classes. (The
> > +++       \emph{unique} is probably a though thing, since we might have no
> > +++       order on the input set or on $L$ in general.
> > +++     \end{rhx}
> > +++   \end{ToDo}
> > --#line 384 "species.as.nw"
> > isomorphismTypes: Set L -> Generator %;
>
> Hmm, I don't understand why? The function name and its type appears at the
> bottom. So the information is there. I don't have any glue which (existing)
> tool you want to use in order to process the +++ stuff from the .spad or .as
> file. Be a bit more precise.

HyperDoc processes exactly the lines preceded by +++ . So the line

  isomorphismTypes: Set L -> Generator %;

is out of reach for HyperDoc.

> > I'd like to have ALLPROSE instead of \adthisname{} write
> > \spadfun{isomorphismTypes}. And, if possible
>
> Would you be happy with the \addefinename{...} thing at the beginning. I
> don't know yet whether this is easily achievable, but I have the feeling that
> it would be easier.

Yes, but unfortunately it wouldn't help me at all. In fact, I just discovered
that there is yet another problem: HyperDoc doesn't allow to define
environments. So I'd need some way to have \begin{addescription} replaced by
\beginaddescription and \end{addescription} by \endaddescription and so on.

Note that this kind of processing must only happen for the output to
csspecies.as.

Unfortunately, HyperDoc doesn't understand much of LaTeX...

> But still, what use is it to have that stuff inside the spad file if you have
> no tool to process it, or have you?

HyperDoc understands \newcommand.

> > I know, Ralf. Me too. And I'd like to have at least a promise from Stephen
> > Watt and Algebra.as and SumIt.as
>
> Then you should write to Stephen for compiler and libraries and to Stephane
> Dalmas for SumIt.

I did this many times, didn't even get an answer.

Martin