Re: [Axiom-developer] --patch-50

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] --patch-50
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:42:20 -0400

> Is this issue related to missing libXpm?  Or is it a different one?

Yes. I'm trying to resolve this across all of the system.

> Maybe we should talk to Camm to either make public numbered
> pre-releases or include the date of official preleases in the tarball
> name.
>
> |    (Gaby, how will automake handle this?)
>
> I'm afraid I have lost the distinctive features of old 2.6.8pre
> vs. new 2.6.8pre.  If we need to run the system before knowing it is
> bad then we're almost out of luck.

I'm not sure what the issue is about updating the gcl version numbers.
i was unable to find a way to distinguish the two cases except at build
time. There is no runtime #+ flag. However since I know which one I
need at build time I just set the correct version in the Makefile.pamphlet
fedora stanza.

> Can we have only one master CVS with the othe one rsync-ing?

Two questions, why? and how?. It's only two cvs stores and
it takes only a few minutes to update the second once the first
is complete.

At this time all of the CVS files are up to date.

I've checked out the SVN branch and will be creating a set
of diff-Naur files for you to look at.