Re: [Axiom-developer] --patch-50

From: Raymond E. Rogers
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] --patch-50
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:10:52 -0400

root wrote:
>>> does it compile in debian stable?
>>> i'll try to build a debian machine here.
>> I don't know. I have modified the XLIB variable (Debian testing) in
>> Makefile.pamphlet. Debian stable uses X11R6/lib directory I believe.
>
> This is what the 'fedora5' stanza does automatically.
> You get this stanza with
>
> export AXIOM=`pwd`/mnt/fedora5

I would like to comment; it's more correct to change this option to something
like
X Window System Version 7.0.0
I believe that this x11 version moved the lib, thus a compile test like
Xorg -version
is more in line with reality than selecting fedora5.  All of the other
distributions (and perhaps
individuals upgrading) will (or should) track this.  IMHO things like this have
to be folded in, in
a systematic manner; this type of change is not going away.

I keep hoping for stability but it's not happening.
Ray