Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:08:54 -0400

  Gaby,

  Why don't you register at SF and fix the build environment so that
you can report on testings if you believe that Axiom should not be
allowed in build environement without latex?  That way we can
meaningfully reject any help amounting to test Axiom in an environment
without latex.

  I think what Jay is trying to say is that regular users will use binaries or
  PM to install axiom. However the case you are referring is to people who
  would like to contribute, but shouldnt any code to be contributed to
  Axiom be in LP form also? I know this is not the standard, but I think
  that would be the final goal? How can this be accomplished without Latex?

   However, I think a compromise could be to have something like --without-latex
   (extreme case), but knowing that documentation, and other possible future features
   will not be available. I am sure you have already said this on this thread.

    Regards,

    Jose Alfredo Perez