Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:35:58 -0500

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

> Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
> > Basically, here is what I would like to see:
> >   On all non-linux platforms (and fedora platforms), check out a copy
> >   of the build-improvements.  configure and make it and send me (gdr
> >   at acm.org) the build log.  I'm particularly interested in issues
> >   related to X11.
>
> Okay.  I'll read up on the compile farm tonight and get the logs to
> you when I get the chance.

The compile farm is a really nice thing for sourceforge to offer, but
nonetheless seems to have problems.  I was unable to compile Axiom on
any of the compile farm machines.  The problem was either:
  * misconfigured subversion
  * no subversion installed
  * no latex installed
I'll try to install the missing software in the user directories and
try again to build Axiom on some of the machines, but alas that won't
happen before next week.

Jay