[Axiom-developer] Aldor and Axiom (was: SVN on sourceforge)

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Axiom (was: SVN on sourceforge)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:15:06 -0400

On Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:34 AM Tim Daly wrote:
> Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> > And libaxiom.al is there to avoid running the scripts from
> > Peter Broadbery? But note that this thing gets out of date
> > if ever somebody modifies some algebra files.

I don't think this belongs in the Axiom source code distribution.

> peter's script requires java, i believe.
> it's on my list to think that one thru.
> it won't be an issue until aldor is released
> ... which reminds me, time to ask again...

I've given up. Aldor.org et al have passed every target date
that has ever been discussed and they barely seem to be able
to keep the Aldor website up to date. I no longer believe that
they really want to make Aldor open source. Rather than simply
"it takes time to get everyone to agree", it seems likely that
there are some non-vocal associates of aldor.org that do not
want Aldor to be released. Otherwise I cannot explain why we
are still in this situation. :(

Note: Both Mike Dewar and Steven Watt have stated publicly on
this list that they support making Aldor open source.