[Axiom-developer] RE: Google Code repository

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Google Code repository
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:33:54 -0400

> Alfredo,

On Thursday, September 21, 2006 3:36 PM you wrote:

> I have committed the build-improvements branch to the trunk
> of the Google Repository: http://axiom.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

When I try this anonymous checkout I get:

$ svn checkout http://axiom.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ axiom

it fails immediately with:

  svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/trunk'
  svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/trunk': Could not read status line:
  An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    (http://axiom.googlecode.com)

----------

It seems like subversion just does like me. :-(

A self checkout (with password):

$ svn checkout https://axiom.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ axiom
    --username synthesis.anikast.ca

but it justed failed a long way through the transfer with the
message:

A    axiom.build-improvements\src\hyper\pages\GBF.ht
A    axiom.build-improvements\src\hyper\pages\HTXFormatPage5.ht
svn: In directory 'axiom.build-improvements\src\hyper\pages'
svn: Can't copy
'axiom.build-improvements\src\hyper\pages\.svn\tmp\text-base\pol
y.pht.svn-base' to
'axiom.build-improvements\src\hyper\pages\.svn\tmp\poly.pht.t
mp.tmp': The system cannot find the file specified.

-------

So it's true. Subversion does like me...

BTW, what release of the SourceForge repository is this?
I notice that

 A    axiom.build-improvements\zips\tla-1.1.tar.gz

is still in this archive, but I am quite sure Gaby deleted it last
night. Which raises the question of how to keep this version up to
date with the SourceForge version.

I have been working with a program called 'tailor' on
axiom-developer.org

http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

http://fiatdev.com/articles/2006/09/10/mirroring-subversion-with-darcs-a
nd-tailor

This program can transfer as both source and as target systems
to and from: Darcs Subversion Monotone CVS Bazaar-NG Mercurial
and Git (Cogito) and also from Bazaar (Arch 1.x) and Tla (Arch)
source system only.

It seems to work nicely and automatically to create a new archives
and to keep to keep them up to date by automatically running
periodically.

So far I have mirrored the build-improvements branch successfully
with both Mercurial and Darcs. If you are interested ing trying
Mercurial here is the url:

http://mercurial.axiom-developer.org

For more information about Mercurial see

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial

It seems to be just as "fast and easy" as advertised and I can
use it successfully on both Linux and Windows. Installation
was a piece-of-cake (here that subversion developers! ;)