Re: [Axiom-developer] Maintainers

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Maintainers
Date: 04 Nov 2006 08:52:11 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
| > |
| > | "Sometimes humor is the only possible solution" -- Tim Daly
| >
| > In this case, it wasn't "the only possible solution", but it was an
| > adequate answer that carries a point that I hope successfully reaches
| > the target.
|
| silver came into being in response to your requests.

No, I did not ask the creation of silver.  I requested you make your
changes public and live -- before they move to gold.  What is
currently called silver is not what I requested.  I did not request a
repository that is effectively read-only.

At the risk of repeating myself, let me more specific:

  (1) make your changes live and not just read-only.
  (2) in particular, make it possible that we all see the patches
      applied (not just a message "patch --xxx" is available).
  (3) make the master repository under SVN.  This the "main" source
      which which expriments, including releases are made of.
  (4) commit changes to the master repository before they go do gold.
  (6) have more than just one maintainer.

were not already made?

-- Gaby