Re: [Axiom-developer] presea and htsearch

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] presea and htsearch
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:27:22 +0100

| Interesting, somebody knows about our potential targets. Where are
| they listed? Isn't that relevant of how portable Axiom should become?

I would like to see Axiom run (ideally) wherever GCC runs,
e.g. desktops, laptops, etc.  I do not insist on 16K memory machines
though :-)

Do you have a link to a list of systems for GCC?

OK. But there were actually two questions (if not more). Or do you mean by "run" also "compile" on these machines?

Maybe it is much too early in the current development process to think about it, but I have the feeling that for the end-user it is not so much important that he can actually build Axion on his system from scratch.

It would be of course a feature (or a must) that people can extend an already running Axiom. But I guess some people will never extend Axiom but rather be happy with .input files. That all says something about how powerful the machine must be to do certain things. Clearly, "running on some system" and "compiling on some system" is not the same thing.

Ralf