RE: [Axiom-developer] Testing build-improvements

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Testing build-improvements
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:01:28 -0500

On Wednesday, November 22, 2006 4:56 PM Gaby wrote:

> "Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:
> | Damn. I just can't keep up the pace. :-(
>
> hey, it is Thanksgiving soon :-)

Done that already. (I'm in Canada, eh?) Gotta work this
weekend. Have fun with the family when you still can!

> I'm interested in the difference between
>
>     $tangle -R"$chunk"
>
> and
>
>     $tangle -"R$chunk"
>
> (for true, I don't know the portability issue here; I'm just
> curious).

That should be:

$tangle "-R$chunk"

But in the 4 shells to which I have easy access (bash, sh, csh,
and ksh) there seems to be no difference in behaviour. And I
assume also in zsh. So apparently it is just an issue of style
or folklore. Write that one off...