Re: [Axiom-developer] The Gosper algorithm for sum of hypergeometric fun

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] The Gosper algorithm for sum of hypergeometric functions.
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:53:54 +0100 (CET)

On 27 Nov 2006, Francois Maltey wrote:

I am not aware of the packages for AXIOM, so others might comment on that,
but there is a pretty strong package called sigma by Carsten Schneider
(RISC, University of Linz, Austria).
www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/publications/download/risc_203/dm060212.ps
This is the most advanced summation package I ever saw, and it handles
rather difficult cases. Downside is that it is written for mathematica and
has a about 10^4 lines of code (as Schneider told me). Furthoermore, its
not literate codes and the algorithms are sparcely documented in research
papers only (if at all)....

Donno if that helps...
ciao
BF.

% PD Dr Bertfried Fauser
%     Institution: Max Planck Institute for Math, Leipzig
<http://www.mis.mpg.de>
%   Privat Docent: University of Konstanz, Phys Dept
<http://www.uni-konstanz.de>
%  contact|->URL : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser/
%          Phone : Leipzig +49 341 9959 735  Konstanz +49 7531 693491