Re: [Axiom-developer] AxiomBinaries

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] AxiomBinaries
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:01:48 -0500

Thanks for the comments.

Some comments:

1) The table looks really bad in Lynx (all tables look bad in Lynx,
but this one is worse then average).

:-) . I need input from Bill, maybe is the DHTML.

2) The page seen to equate "Linux" with "i386 Linux".  I think we
should make clear an which architecture given tarball works. Significant
fraction of Linux users are on 64-bit systems and may prefer 64-bit
binaries.

I forgot to add this, maybe because I did not see 64bit binaries in the old
page, but I will make the distinction.

Also, it seems that Debian (and only Debian) has binaries for
architectures different than i386 and amd64, but the page completly
missess such information.

Do you mean by using apt-get?

3) The page mention setting multiple enviroment variables.  IMHO such
settings should be part of wrapper script (automatically updated at
installation time).  Of course, this is really fault of given tarball...

Would this be corrected when the new build procedure is done?