RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Segmentationviolation:cstack ok:si

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Segmentationviolation:cstack ok:signalling error with GCL-2.7.0 (cvs head)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:43:02 -0500

On November 30, 2006 1:27 PM Vanuxem Gregory wrote:
> > On 29 Oct 2003 14:35:25 +0100 Juergen Weiss wrote:
> >
> > > Here the lisp version of the C versions in csl
> > > One problem: the formula may work for real arguments
> > > only.
> > >

> > > ;; stolen from csl
> > > #+(or :cmu :akcl)
> > > (defun cot (a)
> > >   (if (or (> a 1000.0) (< a -1000.0))
> > >       (/ (cos a) (sin a))
> > >     (/ 1.0 (tan a))))
> > >
> > > ;; stolen from csl
> > > #+(or :cmu :akcl)
> > > (defun asec (a)

-       (if (and (a > -1.0) (a < 1.0))
+       (if (and (> a -1.0) (< a 1.0))

> > >      0.0
> > >     (acos (/ 1.0 a))))
> > >

> > Perhaps a better argument checking would be a good idea, but
> > obviously Axiom does not try to call this asec function for
> > real values between -1 and 1.
>
> It seems that you did not notice the errors, as me at first glance:
>
> (and (a > -1.0) (a < 1.0))
>
> This is not Lisp code :-)

Oh! Duh, <embarrassment> ...

So this doesn't cause an error when compiling Axiom with GCL?
Does  #+(or :cmu :akcl cause it to be excluded?

But maybe for the sake of other lisp targets rather than deleting
it, maybe re-writing it to correct the error would be better?

Anyway. No problem. You decide.

Cheers,