RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Segmentationviolation:cstackok:sig

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Segmentationviolation:cstackok:signalling error with GCL-2.7.0 (cvs head)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:23:55 -0500

On December 1, 2006 11:51 AM Vanuxem Gregory wrote:

> > > (and (a > -1.0) (a < 1.0))
> > >
> > > This is not Lisp code :-)
> > >

> > Oh! Duh, <embarrassment> ...
> >
> > So this doesn't cause an error when compiling Axiom with GCL?
>
> No this does not cause an error. I'm wrong when I say that this
> is not Lisp code, but since I know the intentions of the author,
> I inferred that he used another language.
>
> > Does  #+(or :cmu :akcl cause it to be excluded?
>
> No, akcl and gcl are actually, apparently, synonyms.

Ok, but now I *am* even more confused. As far as I can see

  (and (a > -1.0) (a < 1.0))

is syntactically incorrect in any Lisp implementation. (Which is
what I thought you meant when you said it was not lisp code.) Why
do you now say that you were "wrong"? If this code is not excluded
somehow, why doesn't this cause an error when compiling Axiom?

Regards,
Bill Page