Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [370]branche

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [370]branches/wh-sandbox
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:49:38 +0100 (CET)

> "Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> | > Test ouput is of big and of little use when debugging build
> | > problems. For mechanical checking of test results files are
> | > better.
> | >

> | I agree that the build should not normally echo the literal
> | output of the tests.
>
> It does not follow that the output should be suppressed or
> interleaved.

Gaby, did you notice that I wrote about removing 'tee' command
from the test line?  I would call this avoiding duplication,
you chose to call this "suppressing output".

BTW: One thing is if we want to run tests in paralell (you seem
to prefer serial execution), another is avoiding bugs when
somene prefers paralell run.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden