Re: [Axiom-developer] CATS (Computer Algebra Test Suite)

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] CATS (Computer Algebra Test Suite)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 18:37:56 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

> Third, there needs to be some way to organize the documentation
> within Axiom so that it follows some kind of logical outline.
> One possibility is to follow book outlines for particular domains
> but Axiom covers a large range which isn't found in any one book.
>
> Fourth, we've tried to organize the algebra graph within Axiom
> without success. I think there is a lot to learn about both Axiom's
> algebra graph and computational mathematics from a good organization.

Tim, what about using MSC2000 as a top level starting point for the
algebra portion of the classification?  Even that is probably not of
sufficiently broad scope (many pamphlets in Axiom will be related to
more mundane issues such as programming language definition, user
interface APIs, etc) but for mathematics I doubt it would be possible to
find something more useful.

A while back I did some work with the MSC2000 system in order to design
a top level bibliography system for Axiom, and actually did get
something working.  I don't think there was much response to the
original effort and I didn't pursue it further, but I believe the code
is still available.

Is that subject classification not quite what is needed for this effort?
 If not, perhaps something could be begun based on category theory?

Cheers,
CY