Re: [Axiom-developer] problems compiling wh-sandbox 503

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] problems compiling wh-sandbox 503
Date: 12 Apr 2007 14:10:40 +0200

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> As Gregory Vanuxem the problem appeared because gcl (more precisely
> compiler::link) requires _developement_ versions of X libraries,
> but the system contains only normal versions.

I meanwhile managed to build gcl from build-improvements (by installing
binutils-dev, and m4), and now wh-sandbox compiles *nearly*.  Now I get these
rather "random" failures, where some of the algebra fails to compile.  I
believe that the first error message was some "memory may be damaged" stuff,
while compiling ALGEBRA.

Didn't Bill Page say that one has to tweak some setting in gcl?

Martin