[Axiom-developer] Re: Request for wh-sandbox and build-improvements

From: gdr
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Request for wh-sandbox and build-improvements
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:39:20 -0500

Quoting Martin Rubey <address@hidden>:

A request for both build-improvements and wh-sandbox:

could you please install "document" by default, and include my SPADEDIT file,
which is located at

Install it where?
I consider installing it in $prefix/bin an unwarranted  pollution.
We can install it in $libdir and add an option "--document" to the
axiom script, e.g. you could say

  axiom --document=tangle foo.pamphlet

that will untangle the SPAD code.  We may add more options as
we have better idea of what to support.

This is something I planned to do, but so far, it wasn't high
on the priority list.

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/144DomainAbbreviationIsNoLongerAssociatedWithFilename

second comment from below.

I also believe that the installed source files in src/algebra really should be
the ".spad.pamphlet"s, not the ".spad"s

Is there any reason for copying the "spad"s instead?

Thanks for everything,

Martin