Re: Please join! Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: Please join! Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 03:04:03 +0200

Hi Martin,

I don't understand the LISP part but the SPAD part of

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxHyperDocReplacement

looks as if you have achieved quite a lot. Congratulations.

* A LaTeX header file that provides commands supported by HyperTeX, like \spad,
  \spadfun, etc.  For example, \spadfun should transform its argument into the
link

  http:\\localhost:8080\?argument

\def\spadfun#1{\href{http://localhost:8080/?#1}

However, that is not going to work if LaTeX special characters are involved.

In order to write a style file I would need to know what commands I would have to define. And if I look at the ++ comments of .spad files, I have the impression that the htlatex output will not always be perfect anyway.

* same thing for ALLPROSE style documentation.

That is easier. See attachment for a first demo.

However, for full generality, you must be able to ask Axiom not only for the name of the function, but also its signature and the type where it is defined. The wrapper could be the same for any function/type, but as you see in copy.ad there are two definitions that I have added at the top (by hand) that do *not* appear in the +++ environment of the corresponding .as.nw file. In ALLPROSE this information is generated from the accompanying code chunk. Now that you use Axiom, you should get that information from somewhere else.

I hope that some of you not occupied with more important things -- like working
on build improvements, waldek sandbox, trunk, or multisort species :-) -- chime
in,

I could probably only help you partially, the difficult part (taking the full signature into account and deal with LaTeX special characters) is still open.

Happy Sunday
Ralf