[Axiom-developer] Re: gclweb.lisp

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: gclweb.lisp
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 23:57:29 +0200

On 05/02/2007 07:14 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Ralf,
>
> The string contained within the chunkname field of
> \begin{chunk}{chunkname}
> is unparsed in the current code and can contain anything
> at all. It is purely used as a key to the hash table.

Really? The idea of LP actually says (at least to me) that chunkname should be considered like a \section command, so it should have a very meaningful name. And

<<*>>=
<<chunk1>>
<<chunk2>>
<<chunk3>>
@

(or the LaTeX-syntax equivalent)
should read like a table of contents. If you allow any character (including % and $) to lose their usual TeX meaning then you forbid

\begin{chunk}{The first 10% of implementation of $a^2+b^2=c^2$}
\end{chunk}

to print nicely. (I could have escaped %, of course.)
Anyway, retaining TeX meaning of the characters is probably the better way to go.

Ralf