[Axiom-developer] Re: latex and noweb

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: latex and noweb
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 18:50:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- address@hidden wrote:

> Cliff,
> The only two noweb tools I've used are the chunking mechanism and the
> [[]] quoting mechanism. And I've started rewriting the [[]] quoting
> mechanism out of material, both new and old.

> I debated, coded and removed other facilities in gclweb (you can
> still see remnants of code in the preline and postline unused
> variables, etc).
> Automatic indexing might be nice but I can generate my own index
> info. Except for David's booklet URL syntax there is nothing I need.

That's this functionality here?

I see in the appendix you state that this is to be built even before
common lisp - does that mean you want to keep it in C?  We must assume
SOME working compiler on the system, and I guess I was thinking we
would include a binary lisp (sbcl, perhaps) for bootstrapping - is it
your preference to rely on gcc being available or bundle a binary lisp?

I think the same basic techniques that worked on tangle would work here
(probably with some minor variations) so if we want to move this to
lisp we can.

Do You Yahoo!?