[Axiom-developer] RE: listings oddness

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: listings oddness
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 21:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am not sure what you are saying didn't work since in
> what you wrote I see the following equivalences:
>
>   starttex == (*@
>   endtex ==   @*)

Correct.

> and as you say, that works. If you wanted (for some reason
> I don't understand) to use literally `starttex' and `endtex`
> as delimiters, I don't see why that wouldn't work. It would
> just be weird.

My sentiments exactly :-).

> Normally it is expected that you would use
> something that would be interpreted as a comment in whatever
> programming language you are using.

In this case it doesn't matter - I just need a string that won't show
up in any code we will ever write, because it is used only by the
listings package when processing the LaTeX. In theory it will never
need to be seen by human eyes.

> If you where writing
> Spad or Aldor code than I suppose you might use:
>
>  escapeinside={--}{\^^M}
>
> Ref. the example before "How to gobble characters" on page
> 53. (But I haven't actually tried this.)
>
> > Oh, well.  As long as something works...
> >

> Right. :-)

What I've got now is functional in testing, and weird enough to be an
unlikely match to any source code, (i.e. low chance of false positive
for marker) so that's probably good enough.

Now to do Tim's cleanups...

Cheers,
CY