Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiler speed

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiler speed
Date: 07 May 2007 08:34:14 +0200

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> Using sbcl profiler on Martin's guessing package I identified
> some time sinks:
> 1) extendLocalLibdb function (which is called at the end of each
>    compilation).  This function looks generally bogus -- it tries
>    to update libdb.text but is producing garbage (correct libdb.text
>    is built later, when databases are rebuild).

I guess you know, but to build libdb.text it is sufficient to say

)lib MYPACKAGE

I don't know at what point which databases are rebuild, but the functionality
of having libdb.text up to date after loading a library is quite important to
me.

Of course, I'm not saying that extendLocalLibdb does anything useful.  I only
noticed that libdb.text is rebuild dynamically, and that's a great feature.

BTW: did anybody try my code from SandBoxHyperDocReplacement ?

Martin