Re: [Axiom-developer] lispdoc

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] lispdoc
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:04:29 +0200

see <http://planet.lisp.org>

I think that won't help me much. But could someone tell me about a few conventions used in naming identifiers.

I already know that |blah| keeps blah from being capitalized, but are the bars part of the identifier?

When do people use identifiers that are surrounded by *, for example
*default-pathname-defaults*.

What about a colon in front of an identifier? For example,
(array-element-type (make-array 10 :element-type 'character))

If you have a link to such a conventions page that would help me a bit being able to understand 0.1% more of the lisp code that is floating around here.

Thank you.

Ralf