Re: [Axiom-developer] Community

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Community
Date: 19 May 2007 21:06:47 -0500

address@hidden writes:

[...]

| The process for "packaging" changes has been well documented for a
| number of years. This involves collecting up a group of changes, such
| as the elimination of prototypes, into a changeset that can be applied
| against Gold. These are published as a set of diff -Naur changes.

You would need to make room for incremental changes.

For example, moving to Autoconf-base build machinery involves so many
changes that it would be impratical to present everything at once and
review it in full scale.  You'd need to make room for incremental
changesets, where at any given stage we have moved forward, the
system is still stable; and at the end of the series of changesets we
have completed the switch.

-- Gaby