[Axiom-developer] revision control chaos

From: Simon Michael
Subject: [Axiom-developer] revision control chaos
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:36:42 -0700

Greetings Tim, all!

this is just an outsider's comment. I've been following the list for a while.

I am amazed that the Axiom project is still fiddling around with so many revision control systems (arch, cvs, svn, git at last count). No successful free software project does this. Chaos is the practically inevitable result.

I think adopting Git was a great move - bravo! All you need do now is pull the plug on all arch, cvs and svn repos and go forward.

"Ordinary mortals" are using the modern distributed revision control systems by now. (And if they're not, they are a drag on the project you can't afford.)

Thanks for listening, and thank you for Axiom!