Re: [Axiom-developer] changes

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] changes
Date: 21 May 2007 16:10:52 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> 3) I don't like the idea of additional .sty files either. Some of the
>    commands I've needed from other .sty files have migrated into
>    axiom.sty. This will allow us to have all of the functionality for
>    our "standard" files. Using \providecmd allows people to use other
>    .sty files without errors.
>
>    However, in some files I've been documenting I need to do things
>    like draw diagrams using special purpose packages. For instance,
>    I'm documenting the octonions now and there is a "standard"
>    octonion triangle that I'm drawing with xypic. Eventually I'll
>    make it into a .ps file and we can remove the include.

Please don't. Include xy instead, I'm using it too.  The postscript is
absolutely useless for documentation purposes, because it is difficult to
modify.

I think quite on the contrary, the possibility of including packages lowers the
barrier to write documentation, even if only a bit.

I.e., also include amsmath and amsfonts, please!

Martin