Re: [Axiom-developer] Live CD + Guess Package + Vmware

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Live CD + Guess Package + Vmware
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 00:52:50 -0400

Hi Bill,

I tried Virtual PC. I still like Vmware better, but that is maybe
because I am bias :-).

Unfortunately when I tried
the last version of the DoyenCD I had a problem with booting
the version of linux contained on that CD.

With VPC 2007, Doyen boots fine. The only problem is the video
card the virtual machine emulates. The CD finds that is S3 and it
uses the S3 driver which apparently is not a good friend of VPC. :-).

Opening a terminal, changing in /etc/X11/xorg.conf from "s3" to "vesa"
and restaring X, fixes the problem.

Regards,

Alfredo