Re: [Axiom-developer] Back again.

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Back again.
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 22:41:54 +0700 (NOVST)

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Bill Page wrote:
Since gnu readline (or it's equivalent) are available on all the likely
Axiom targets, I don't see any point to clef (or linedit). clef does
provide some command completions for Axiom, but these also
could be provided by readline. As far as I know, other than that
clef is just legacy code that can disappear.
I agree that it would be much better to replace clef by the de-facto standard, readline. But... readline is GPL (not LGPL, and on purpose). This will make axiom+readline to be distributable only under GPL. (Absolutely OK for me, but some people may not like this).

If there will be any responces, please, switch to axiom-legal.

Andrey