Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [571] branch

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [571] branches/wh-sandbox
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 12:26:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 27 May 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

| > address@hidden writes:
| >
| > [...]
| >
| > | + * configure.ac.pamphlet: add --with-lisp-flavor option
| >
| > Why would you want to have this specified on command line?
| >

| This option is needed for openmcl: running openmcl with --help
| option give no identifing info.  I tried also --version but
| openmcl just crashes.  In general if somebody want to try with
| another Lisp we can not expect that --help / --version will
| work, so giving flavor may be necessary.

I believe we should push such implementations to provide the identification
through either --help or --version.  That is standard practice, and any
implementation that has any sense does that.  The fact that openmcl crashes on
--version is a symptom of bug in that implementation, and its developers might
want to know about it.

-- Gaby