Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries

From: Gernot Hueber
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:28:24 +0200

Martin Rubey writes:
Dear Waldek, Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:
As I wrote in:
we have sources to nag demon on NAG cdrom.  However, replay from
Mike Dewar was slightly discouraging:

Hm, but maybe a proof of concept would be worthwhile. If it's not too much
work, that is.

I'd like to say strongly demanded. There are to much libraries out there valuable to use in Axiom. I did some trials loading shared libraries in underlying gcl, wrapping C lib calls in lisp, and wrapping the lisp functions in Aldor. Well, it worked for functions with simple parameters lists, yet I got lost in Lisp wrapping due to a deeper understanding of how to convert between more complex Aldor/Axiom, Lisp, and C data types like lists, vectors, matrices. Furthermore, this approach depends on gcl (on the other hand, gcl does not yet support the lisp foreign function interface) Gernot

Do you have access to the NAG libraries? Martin
Axiom-developer mailing list